Teenage Engineering brings back the form, function, and sound of a '70s classic with the ultra high-quality OD-11 Wi-Fi Cloud speaker. The OD-11 is a carefully re-engineered version of the legendary Ortho directional loudspeaker designed by Stig Carlsson in 1974. Now with a built-in computer, 100W amplifier and the latest Wi-Fi technology, the OD-11 is upgraded to play all of your music, from any device, in wireless stereo. The unmistakable warm and relaxed sound from the Carlsson design has returned.
Re-created from original technical drawings, the 2014 version of OD-11 has the same dimensions, 10-liter volume, white cabinet with black grille, as when it was originally launched in 1974. When it comes to the sound, the Ortho directional speaker principle is more relevant than ever, delivering the same great sound as it did 40 years ago.
Made for Airplay and Spotify
Thanks to its built-in technology and Wi-Fi capabilities, the OD-11 works out of the box with Airplay on mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. It also works on Windows computers that have iTunes installed. When playing music from Spotify on a mobile device, a digital token is sent to OD-11 telling it to handle the streaming so you can turn your mobile device off and enjoy the music.
Orthoplay is the software remote control for OD-11 available both as a dedicated iOS app for iPhone and iPad and as a universal web application for any platform. With its clean and simple interface, Orthoplay lets you organize multiple speakers in zones, switch inputs, adjust “EQ and more from any device. Connect OD-11 to your Wi-Fi network and you are ready to go. Using Orthoplay as the companion software gives you full control over settings and upgrades. As the OD-11 platform evolves and more functions are added, Orthoplay is where you'll find them.
- Completely re-engineered version of the classic '70s speaker
- For stereo sound, two speakers should be purchased
- Optional “Ortho Remote (#J21706)” controls the volume and track control
- Only plugs into the wall for AC power - no wires between the speakers and the device you are using
- Connects wirelessly to your existing WiFi network
- Perfect for streaming music from popular music streaming services or just play from your iTunes library
- Custom built-in computer to manage crossover filtering and wireless
- 100W Class-D, high-efficiency analog amplifier
- 2-way Ortho Directional loudspeaker design